“The mission of the Gibbs Library is to serve as a volunteer-based center whose purpose is to enrich the lives of our community members with free access to programs, materials, and services that empower, educate, and inspire.”
SUMMER READING REMINDER: AUGUST 18 IS THE DEADLINE TO RETURN SUMMER READING RECORDS TO ENTER THE DRAWING.
We are not accepting book donations at this time. Thank you for your generosity.
We will bag your selections and leave your bag outside the library before we open by 4 pm on Monday and by 3 pm Thursday.
If you plan on visiting the library when we are open, please adhere to these requests:
TumbleBooks’ databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! Patrons can read as many books as they want, when they want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly.
TumbleBookLibrary – K-6 children’s ebook database
TumbleMath – K-6 math ebook database
TeenBookCloud – gr 7-12 ebook database
AudioBookCloud – all ages audio book database
RomanceBookCloud – a huge collection of steamy Romance novels for the older crowd!
Audible for Students (Free while School is Closed): For as long as schools are closed, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet: stories.audible.com
- Goodnight with Dolly – Thursday at 8 pm
- Storytime.org YouTube with dozens of stories read by Oprah, Betty White, and more
- Reading Rainbow’s Levar Burton reads children’s stories Mondays at noon
Here are some quick tips about the library:
- Search for a book at our online card catalog here. (Click on Gibbs Library and type in info beside Find.)
- The library gets part of its support from donations and grants. Your contribution allows us to provide new books, DVDs, CDs and ongoing programs throughout the year. To learn more about how you can donate, go to Support Your Library.
- You can renew your books by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply give us your name and the name of the books you want to renew. We will send you a confirmation with the new due date.
- Click here or send a message to email@example.com to sign up for our e-newsletter. Find out what’s coming up at the library. Receive upcoming events right in your e-mail inbox. (We respect your privacy and do not sell or give our email list to others.)